Is IV Therapy Right for You?
Life can throw you off balance. In today's busy world, it’s more important than ever to take time to care for yourself. At Health Advantage Physical Medicine in Pasadena, CA, we know that people feel best when all of their bodies' systems work together. That's why we now offer IV therapy services. Ready to learn more? Keep reading to see what you can expect.
How Does IV Therapy Work?
You may have experienced some form of IV therapy in the past. Doctors use IVs for medicine and blood transfusions. However, IV therapy isn't just for the hospital. We offer IV therapy to help you reach and maintain optimal health. IVs can deliver hydration, electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals. IVs have an advantage over pills because they deliver hydration and nutrition directly to the bloodstream. When nutrients are delivered this way, the body can start using these substances right away instead of waiting for them to pass through the digestive system.
The Dangers of Dehydration
In today's busy world, it's easy to neglect basic self-care, including hydration. Dehydration keeps you from performing your best. For example, one of the most common symptoms of chronic dehydration is tiredness. That tiredness can impact every area of your life including home, work, and everything in between. You may also experience symptoms like dizziness, dry skin, and more. More serious dehydration symptoms include fainting and confusion.
Dehydration isn’t all about drinking water. You can drink the recommended amount of water per day and still experience the symptoms of dehydration. That's because hydration isn't just about fluids. You also need to make sure that you have enough electrolytes. Sports drinks can help, but they have their own issues. For one, they don’t always deliver enough electrolytes to hydrate you. They also come loaded with sugar and other chemicals. IV therapy can deliver what your body needs without any of the drawbacks of overconsuming sports drinks.
IV Therapy as Part of Integrative Medical Care
IV therapy could become a useful part of your overall wellness plan. If you're interested in trying IV hydration, talk to our integrative care specialist. IV hydration comes with many benefits of its own. When combined with some of our other treatment methods, you will see many other benefits. Some patients mention feeling less tired, sleeping better, and feeling more present in their own lives.
Some benefits and conditions indicated for IV Therapy:
· Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
· Energy booster for exams, athletics, travels, etc.
· Speeding up recovery for injured athletes
· Chronic fatigue syndrome, general body weakness, alleviation of Fibromyalgia symptoms
· Immunity boost to fight off Acute colds, flu, illnesses, and infections
· Improves the skin, Detoxifies the liver and cells, mental focus and clarity
· Helps with Sinusitis, bronchitis, asthma, and allergic rhinitis (seasonal allergies)
· Helps with anxiety and chronic depression symptoms, improves quality of sleep
· Helps with Migraine headaches and tension headaches
· Helps with Diabetes Mellitus
· Dysmenorrhea (menstrual cramps), muscle cramps, and muscle spasms
IV Vitamin & Mineral Therapy
Myer’s Cocktail , Immune support , Beauty Formula, B-Complex, Glutathione
Call today for an appointment: (626)798-7805
Health Advantage Physical Medicine, Inc.
Pasadena, CA 91104